Saturday, June 14, 2008

"So you think you can Dance?!"





Elle sure has some sweet moves! She picked em up from Toby. She had her first little dance recital today and we were so proud of her. She's the youngest and smallest in her class but she did so well and looked so adorable up there. They danced to Achy Breaky Heart with little blue and yellow cowgirl dresses. Seriously just picturing the whole thing is putting a smile on my face. I'm mad at myself for not taking some video on my digital camera to put on here. I took some with my video camera. I wonder if I can make that work? Anyway, I asked her if she was nervous being up in front of all those people and she said, "No I wasn't scared OR nervous. I was just nice." I'm glad about that. When my mom told her how good she was and playfully asked her if she wanted to keep dancing Elle's reply was, "Well...I certainly can!" She's hilarious. Thanks to everyone for coming and supporting our little dancing queen. Brooklyn was so fun to watch in the audience dancing, shaking, and clapping for Elle..and then after ran up to her with flowers. Such cute cousins. Can't wait till they're dancing together.

14 comments:

Jami said...

She looks absolutely adorable! Way to go Elle! People often ask why one would put their children in dance at such a small age and I always tell them its to build confidence and self esteem. It's true but the reality of it is that it's mostly for the parents. Nothing quite like watching your little one strut their stuff up there on stage. I'm sure you and Toby were BEAMING! :)

Shea said...

I was hoping that you would have these up already! She is so funny. I can't wait to watch the video or maybe I will get my own live performance???

Leanne said...

So cute, I love the costume. If I like one of the suits from layers, do I order it from you?

Errin said...

So fun!!! She looks so dang cute. I love that she didn't get scared. You have a performer on your hands.

Jill Bowcutt said...

So, so cute! She has the cutest personality. I love the comments she made when she was finished.

Sonya said...

Way to go Elle! I wish Morgan would have hung in there so she could have done it too! Elle looks darling in her little dress! What a star!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Oh my! I may actually need to consider having girls in my future! She looks so cute & GIRLY! I wish I lived closer so I could attend this kind of stuff and get the "girl fetish" out of my system!

Kunz Clan said...

Josie thanks for the invite. I am really excited to communicate this way. We haven't done many Wimmer things lately, but I hope to see you soon! Your children are super cute. Elle is a mini you, with the dancing. I remember you having lots of dance pictures. She will have lots of memories.

Anonymous said...

She is the most adorable thing! I love the outfit. I love how kids are not scared of anything. They just do what they love and have fun doing. I love that!

Anonymous said...

She is the most adorable thing! I love the outfit. I love how kids are not scared of anything. They just do what they love and have fun doing. I love that!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Many more years of dance recitals and competitions in store! CUTE!

Tristen said...

Elle looks so cute. I love the dancing pictures. What a babe!

Brianne & Jarod said...

GOOOO ELLE!! There isn't anything better than watching little girls dance in their cute little costumes :)

Hey Josie...I am going private. E-mail me at brianne.stewart@gmail.com so I can add you to my list of invitations.

Amberlee said...

Elle is just soo cute! I really hope that we can get together now that we are here! Mike heads back next week for his preceptorship for a couple weeks- so we will be here- done with family fun time- and ready to see friends! I lost me cell phone somewhere in my moms so call me at her house. Can't wait to see you!