Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bodega Bay

Beach Day! Can't go to California without going to the beach even if it isn't hot and sunny. It was a little bit of a drive but so worth it! Bodega Bay is the sweetest little beach. The kids were so cute playing together and having sandcastle building contests. Sidenote: Macey is a crackup. I had to post this picture of Janie and Ayson...and Macey face down in the sand. No posing for her. She makes me smile. I'm afraid if I lived in Cali I'd end up being a full blown beach bum. I am so happy there. After getting home we ate a delicious dinner then left the kids with Tory (super uncle) and ran to the mall for some late night shopping....wonderful. Tuesday night Tory, Janie, and I were able to drive out to Dublin to meet Toby for one quick dinner before the kids and I flew home and he stayed for his two week conference. Big thanks to Jamie for watching the kids because we rarely get to do that. Good times. Next morning we woke up and took off to yet another Mall in lovely Sacramento before we had to hop on our flight. I was a little nervous to fly with both kids...I wasn't worried about them actually on the flight. It was just the getting there and checking in etc. I can't believe how EASY it was! Checked bags, checked car seats, walked straight through security, and had a wonderful lunch before we hopped on the plane...and the layover in Portland was quick and easy too. So relieved since I had built it all up to be a nightmare in my head. Afterall I hadn't flown in like five years. Sad I know. I feel a big trip coming on. Anyway thank you Tory and Janie for such a great few days!!!! It won't be another 4 years before we're back:) p.s. could elle be holding cashs face any tighter in that last pic. I swear she can do just about anything she wants and he just goes with it...hilarious.

1 comment:

Brynnly and Alan said...

Sounds like a fun trip. You guys are always on some kind of adventure. ;) P.s. I love the song playing on your blog. It was the #1 one hit song the day AJ was born so of course, I LOVE IT! :D