Saturday, August 15, 2015

Round 2 / Riverton Hospital






This little boy is just incredible. He is the happiest baby in the world even with all that he has been through. This particular hospital visit started with us swimming at Kathys house. We were there with Janie and some of their friends. I knew that Kemp had a bit of a cold but he was doing alright and I was watching him close. As the party at the Pool for Macey was going on…I noticed that Kemps breathing and congestion was getting worse. He was starting to retract really deeply in his ribs and even up to his neck. Within 30 minutes to an hour I was super concerned and Tob and i felt like we needed to get him to a hospital right away. We left the party early and headed straight for Riverton Hospital. Toby dropped me off and took the kids home. I didn't know whether to go to the ER or to the instacare there but opted for the ER…they told me they couldn't' accept him at the rt clinic without a prescription so to take him to instacare but I told them I bet I'd be back. I walked him as quickly as I could to the other end of the hospital to the instacare but when I got there it said like a 45 minute wait. I knew he shouldn't wait that long so I went to the front desk and told them the situation and they said they'd get him back quicker. The nurse came and saw him and immediately put me in a room and told me she'd bump me ahead of everybody else and the dr. would be right in. He was in within minutes and just watched him breathe for a second. He then said 'it's times like this you wish you had a student with you to show you what retractions look like." They were getting so bad. He told me there was really nothing he could do for me and that he needed to to the ER. I already knew that. He told me he'd walk me right down there and get me a room in the ER. Such a nice guy. I was so appreciative. The ER dr that came in was also super super nice. In fact I was there for awhile by myself but then when Toby got there they  recognized each other and turns out they worked together at Tony Romas in college. Small world. He decided he needed to admit little Kemp and they sent us upstairs a couple of hours later. They put him on oxygen and I think we were there about 2 days and 2 nights. The drs and nurses there are starting to get to know us:) They all adore Kemp and he did really well this time. He is just so happy. I love him so much and know these little trials are going to just make him stronger than he already is. I'm also so grateful for my Mom and all who take my other children while I'm away with Kemp. Wouldn't make it without my family. I'm really hoping Kemp grows out of this but his pediatrician, Dr. Johnson is starting to be concerned about Asthma. We'll all keep an eye on him. He's pretty much our everything:)

No comments: