Thursday, January 21, 2016

St. George Getaway
















Toby had some work to do in Cedar City and the kids had just gotten off-track so we thought we'd make a quick little get-a-way out of it. We jumped in the car and drove down on a thursday evening and spent the night at the Marriott in Cedar city. The kids love the free breakfast and Toby was back before we knew it. He took the kids swimming and then we took off to the Kelschs. We were able to make it to one of Brysons baseball games, ate out at the spaghetti factory and came home and talked into the night like we always do, although we are getting older…can't stay awake like we used to. Kemp had been particularly fussy that day and honestly I'd never seen him cry like he did that whole day. Come to find out, we woke up Saturday morning to his ear having a bunch of drainage…his ear drum had ruptured. So sad. We had to make it home Saturday for Cash's basketball game anyway so we took him to the instacare by our house. But before we did that we decided to try our the Crepery instead of the Egg and I. Totally broke tradition but the kids just loved it! Funniest story…I had to take Tate to the bathroom which was out in this kind of hallway. After he was done I thought I'd hurry and go so I wouldn't have to on the way home. Right as I sat down he walked over to the door and put his hand on to almost open it. I yelled Tate don't even think about it! - He looked over at me with the sneakiest little look on his face and says back to me…"I am thinking about it." Little stinker. I couldn't stop laughing. He sure keeps life interesting.  We love St. George and love our little vacations down there.

No comments: