Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rodeo Week 2011

Rodeo week....one of my favorite times in the entire year. And I'm so grateful that Toby likes it too:) Makes things much easier. We gathered up the kids and headed to Preston for a fun day full of all the things I used to LOVE to do as a kid. The first thing we did was head to the Sidewalk sale. Elle and Cash had saved their money looking forward to this. Elle had been having a hard time deciding wether she wanted to buy something at the sale or save her money for an outfit for her American girl doll. She was beyong thrilled when as we were walking the sale she saw a whole table full of clothes made just for American girl dolls. She picked out a beautiful pink dress...and Cash was pretty excited about his Pistol Pete bobble head. Then we headed to Connie's for awhile and Toby took the kids on a long four wheeler ride. It was so cute seeing them enjoy doing that because that was always one of my very favorite things to do in Preston. Then we headed to the Parade. I CANNOT believe how much candy they throw out!!! I love the picture of Elle, Cash, Russell, and Jed. I swear Betsey Callie and I have a picture of us wearing those EXACT same hats. After the parade we headed over to the carnival where Toby and I got taken by the carni folk for the first time EVER. Not to worry though...we have it all figured out now so we'll get em next time. I LOVE Preston. With all my Heart. I always thought I'd live there someday but going up a couple times a year will just have to do. Already looking forward to next year:)

2 comments:

Kunz Clan said...

Yee-haw to Rodeo weekend! I think it is so fun that you still make time to bring your family up for the big occasion! Loved getting to see you. I could have swore that picture of Elle going to first grade was you when you were little. Spittin' image!

The Bee Family said...

Looks like you guys have had such a fun Summer! And lots of big birthdays to celebrate Between Grandma, you, and your dad :) And Rodeo looks like it was a blast, like always. So many fun memories of that growing up, I hope we get closer sometime so I can take my kids every year too!