Thursday, November 3, 2011

MONTANA

For YEARS and YEARS now my Dad has been taking my brothers on a 'boys only' fishing trip to Montana. I don't know how long they thought they'd get away with that. Were talking about two sisters who would join (sneak) in the back room of the church to go to priesthood with their brothers so they didn't feel left out. It wasn't long before Jamie decided she was joining them fishing. So for the past 3 or 4 years I was the only sibling not going...but seeing as I had two responsibilities named Elle and Cash I never thought it would work. Thanks to an incredible husband and wonderful friends and family I was able to go this year! It was seriously one of the harder decisions I've made in a long time. I know that probably sounds silly, but I'm not one to leave my kids...and while it was only for 3 nights...I've never left them longer so it was hard. But Toby convinced me I needed to do this, and I was so glad he did. It was AMAZING. Three full days of fishing in Montana and Yellowstone. Caught 4 big trout the first day I was there. I even got to wear waders and walk the river fishing for awhile. The scenery was unbelievable. So beautiful. But that's not why I went. I miss my brothers and sister. Yes I see them ALL the time...but not like this. Just us like it used to be. I LOVED it. Not one arguement. Laughing the whole time. Goofing off like we were 10 again. It was so refreshing. I got a little sick the first day I was there but it didn't take me long to pull myself together and just enjoy being with my family. I can see why they call this trip "sacred" and won't miss it for anything. I'm not sure they're going to get rid of me. Funny sidenote: as we were getting ready to head home thursday morning Jordan's car started acting up. We had to turn around and go back, wait for a diagnostic test, and they couldn't get the part we needed till the following tuesday. Long story short a 5 hour trip home turned into more like a 12 hr trip home...but we were laughing the whole time. Made for another memory. I LOVE these pictures.

2 comments:

Jami said...

These pictures are PRICELESS! So glad you got to go.

Amberlee said...

ah man-- Super jealous-- for many reasons. I love that you were able to do that-- so lucky! You have some pretty great pictures- awesome memories-- treasures for sure!