Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Festivities!

It's the MOST WONDERFUL TIME of the Year!!!!! We couldn't have had more fun and more celebrations during the month of December this year. If we weren't out and about doing something Christmasy we were home by the fire having hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies. It was wonderful. This year I felt fairly organized enough that I wasn't really stressed and really felt like we just enjoyed the Christmas season as a family. A big part of that the majority of my shopping this year was done ONLINE which was absolutely brilliant for me. Yes Toby got a phone call directly from Paypal inquiring about the excessive shopping that had occurred recently but really I saved so much money this way. LOVED it. With the first week being gone in Hawaii we had to pay catch up the next couple of weeks. Activities included but were not limited to: Going to Winder Dairy for hot chocolate, scones and to see Santa, Driving to Christmas Street to enjoy the lights and story, Josh and Jordan taking the kids to the ZOO LIGHTS, while Toby and I took my parents out to Melting Pot for our annual Christmas date and to thank them for watching kids while we were in Hawaii, Tob and I taking the kids to the Riverbottoms to see Santa, Making Gingerbread houses with Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma and Grandpa taking Elle to A Christmas Carol, The Downs's traditional Christmas party with Joni's family, and again watching SO many Christmas movies together. I absolutely LOVE this time and year and all the time we get so spend with family. Elle was so cute really grasping all that we've tried to teach her about Christmas and it's true meaning. She even got into a small dissagreement with a friend at school about Christmas being about Jesus's life not just being kind and good to others. She's such a good little girl. Also one night I came across this sweet note that Elle wrote to our Elf, Christopher Popinkins. Toby and both almost got teary-eyed as we read it with her cute little handwriting knowing that she had wrote in on her own and placed it right under him so he could see it. Christmas really is MAGICAL. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day went just about as perfect as could be...I'll post on that next.

1 comment:

Amberlee said...

Oh I love the Elle stories and her standing up for what is right- and keeping the magic of Christmas alive!