Saturday, January 28, 2012

Brave Little Cash

Just another post to document Cash and his adventures with trips to the doctor. About two weeks ago Toby had to go out of town for work. OF COURSE all of this happened while he was gone. We have a ritual that when Tob is gone the kids get to sleep in bed with me. It's more for me then them...I really dislike being alone. So one night I can tell Cash is starting to come down with a little something and after the whole seizure thing I wanted him right next to me in bed. In the middle of the night he was coughing so hard and his breathing was so shallow that I honestly didn't think he was getting much air. I felt like he couldn't catch his breath. First thing in the morning I called his doctor and asked if we could come right in. As soon as we got there the on call doctor (it was a weekend) listened to his chest and immediately said I'm not hearing air passing through, he's having a pretty bad asthma attack. SO they gave him a breathing treatment listened again and it hadn't improved. Then gave him a steroid and sent us home with the treatment and we did it again and then they had me go back in to listen. Wasn't much better so they sent us down to get an x ray and didn't see anything too alarming with that so decided to send us home and have us come back in the morning and just watch him close overnight. I stopped by my moms on the way home and while I was there the doctor called me and said he hadn't stopped thinking of Cash and really felt like we needed to go up to Primary Childrens. I was so tired from being at the doctor all day with both kids and no husband but knew I better take him up since Cash was still breathing hard and coughing a ton and the doctor felt so strong. SO up to Primary's we went...Jordan went with me and my mom stayed back to take care of Elle. We were up there most the night and it was so nice to have so many doctors and nurses taking such good care of him. At one point Cash even said, "mom everybody up here really cares about me." SO SO sweet. When they asked him if they could get him anything he replied with, "Ya an orange slushee please." They laughed and said, "Oh I can see you've been here before!" Which he has:) They gave him a few massive treatments of albuterol to get him through the attack and by morning was SO much better. Tob had a hard time being away during the whole ordeal but I knew we could handle it... and Elle was so sweet to look after him and really wanted to make him a plate of rice crispie treats to help him get better. He was so brave during all of his breathing treatments even though he didn't like them at all. (We had to do them every four hours for two days even after we got home) I couldn't help taking pictures cause he looked so cute under there. We love this kid more than words can say. He's a trooper!!!

1 comment:

Amberlee said...

Oh Jos- that is so scary! Especially with Toby out of town-- Thank goodness for grandmas!
I am glad that he is doing better. What a sweetheart he is!