Thursday, July 11, 2013

7-11




 
I wish I could say I turned 23 this year but nope....32. Can't seem to slow time down. I was woken up to a wonderful Kneaders breakfast in bed and balloons on the ceiling and lovely singing by Toby himself.  The kids and I ran to the gym and played together during the day which was honestly everything I would want to do. It rained during the day surprise surprise so I was a little bit nervous about our plans that evening. We had all wanted to go to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide but we knew it closes in the rain so we were a bit nervous. We all got up there and right when we went to buy our tickets they told us they had closed it cause of the rain. Ahhh! So sad. We all sat around trying to decide what to do when about 15 minutes later they said they'd reopen it. Our luck turned around:) So most of us (Downs Fam) headed up on the tram to the top of the slide. As we grabbed our sleds and walked to the top it started raining again...unbelievable. They closed it on us. We tried to wait it out for about 20 minutes but eventually they just drove us down the mountain in a truck. So hilarious. They did upgrade our passes though and allowed us to go on the coaster int he rain which was a blast...plus we had a new memory and story to tell so its all good:) After the ride we all ate at the Baja Cantina...which with all of us there was quite chaotic... but fun. And then we opened gifts and visited outside of the chocolate factory. It was a wonderful night spent with my favorite people. I always feel so spoiled on my birthday. My girlfriend always do a swim party at Tiani's, and Jamie and Tara and I spend a day at City Creek. So grateful to be surrounded by such loving wonderul family and friends!

No comments: