Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Years Eve!


















I was so excited when I got a call from Kristee saying she wanted to help plan a fun New Years Eve! For the last 10 plus years we've always gone over to the Jones' for New Years but it's become a little bit harder the more kids we've all accumulated and the older we've gotten:) Plus they were in the middle of a move. And on top of that the older Cash and Elle has gotten I've really wanted to spend the night with them and show them a good time. So needless to say, I was excited when she called. We planned the food and a few games, invited the parents and Jake over and made it a fun night. I guess I should add that before that the Rothes invited us to go bowling with them....which was really a great idea but let me tell you my two youngest are not fun to take to a bowling alley. Like they are really really hard. Wanting to hold the bowling balls, throw them around, run off, they both threw tantrums...not the easiest activity with them so we're going to wait to do that again for awhile. But grateful we have good friends to go with. Back to the evening. We had some really great food, and played the funnest game with everyone called "True Colors." The same game we've played down in St. George with the Stevens and Ashby's and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Elle and Cash got in on the game and it was just as fun as ever. Lots and lots of laughing. Mom and Dad fell asleep quite early in the night. Light weights. But most the rest of us stayed up, watched the ball drop, and blew our party favors, banged pots and pans and rang in the year with poppers. Great night. We're ready for a good 2017 but with Josh's situation, Jake's hard issues, the twins coming and Tessa's health I'm worried it might not be the easiest year. But I know attitude goes a long way so I need to start there and look for all the good that could happen, and will happen. Elle will start Middle School and go into Young Womens, Cash will continue to improve in sports and at school, Tate is the most wonderful amazing thing in the world right now and I'm sure he'll keep that up, and this will be the last year I'll ever have a 2 year old growing up in my home. I hope I can slow down and enjoy all of the moments. I have much to be grateful for.

No comments: