Friday, February 7, 2020

SCOTTSDALE with Tara and Kat






























I put writing about this off for a little while because I wasn’t even sure where to start. So much to say! One of my favorite trips ever. These two girls are absolutely amazing. Two of the best humans I know and I’m so grateful to call them my friends. I’m not sure I’ve ever felt more myself with friends or laughed as hard as when I’m with them. It was a quick girls trip but it was just what the dr ordered. The price on plane tickets was amazing and after I had kind of a rough week or two Tara text me and said let’s book a trip and get out of here. So grateful for our husbands and kids letting us get away for a couple of days. We had talked about Scottsdale for awhile because the weather is warm, the food is great, and the shopping awesome. We flew in right before dinner so we went and checked into our darling hotel and then headed straight to Diego Pops for dinner. I told the girls how amazing it was so I was keeping my fingers crossed they’d like it as much as I did and they did! The Brussel Sprout Nachos were phenomenal and the rest of the food too. We then went to TJ MAXX and shut that store down! So many good finds haha. Then we went back to the hotel and talked into the night. The next morning we got up and headed to breakfast and got smoothies and açaí bowls at Nektar and then went to Last Chance! The best store for bargains on shoes in the world! We spent hours in there and found some of THE best deals of boots and shoes. It was so FUN! Lot’s of laughs and fun finding deals. Then from there we headed to eat more. Do you sense a pattern here? Haha We went to Cheesecake Factory and split a ton of appetizers and food. It was delicious! We did a little more shopping and then went back to the hotel to regroup. After resting a bit we all wanted to go to the temple so we drove to the Gilbert Temple and did Initiatories. What a neat experience. Such a beautiful Temple and so neat to be there with these girls. It was a really special night. The next morning the girls agreed to do something that I had been dreaming of doing for a LONG time! We hiked CamelBack Mountain! It was THE best hike Ive EVER been on. It was hard and it was long. But we took breaks and we were determined to finish. The views at the end were worth it 1000 times over! There was lots of rock scrambling and elevation to gain but I LOVED every second of it! We were STARVING as we came down the mountain so we went straight to Shake Shack and all ordered a big hamburgers, fries, and a shake! Then we needed to rest so we went back to the hotel and laid by the pool for a bit. Our hotel was really so darling! After a bit we went to Fashion Square for some shopping and a crepe, and then we went to get pedicures together. Following pedicures we went to dinner at an amazing Italian Restaurant. Knowing we were going to leave in the morning we had too many things to fit home in our luggage so we went to Walmart and bought an extra big suitcase to fit all of our stuff into. We must have been delirious but we laughed our heads off throughout that whole Walmart for a good hour or two. Actually we just mostly laughed the whole trip. That’s my favorite thing about these two. So much laughing and talking and they just make me happy. It was such a well balanced trip. Fantastic food, fun shopping, relaxing, Temple work, and a some exercise and a great hike, and so much laughing. Just perfect. We were so grateful that at the airport the lady at the gate ended up comping our suitcase because it was supposed to be so expensive! All ended well. Great memories. Now how to talk our husbands into making this a yearly thing!;)

No comments: