Sunday, May 24, 2020

Memorial Day 2020



















This is such a special day to me. I’d be so sad to miss driving around on Sundays visiting our loved ones graves and paying our respect to them. It’s been a tradition that truly means the WORLD to me. We usually go on the Sunday before Memorial Day. This year we drove all the way up to Smithfield where Toby’s grandparents on Todd’s side are buried. We visited Grandpa Ned and Grandma June and enjoyed telling a few stories about them. Then on the way home we made an impromptu stop at Joels and Tessa’s which I believe their kids absolutely loved and we did too. It was fun to see their beautiful home and backyard and spend time with them. Then we went on to Willard where we saw Grandma Doris, Grandpa Leo, Aunt Rene and Uncle Basil and My great grandparents grave, Eliza whom I was named after. I always love sitting there and telling the kids stories of them. And then lastly to Ogden to visit Grandpa and Grandma Wimmer and my other great grandparents. They are two incredibly special people to me. I love them so much. I miss them so much it hurts sometimes but I know they are watching over me and my family. We also visited Grandpa Todd the day before. It just wouldn’t be Memorial Day without these visits and recalling all of our memories. I love that my children and husband are so willing to be in the car for such a long day. Sure means a lot to me.

No comments: