Friday, August 13, 2021

Floating the Provo and Kemp's Accident

 I don’t know how we seem to always manage some kind of accident on these kind of outings but it feels like we do. We started off the morning by the Stevens, Ashbys, and Us all heading to Magglebys to have breakfast together before we floated the Provo river. We ate unlimited pancakes and French toast and loved every single bite. Then we all headed to Uncle Dave’s house. As we were all getting prepped with life vests and stuff the kids were playing around on all his fun things. Somehow while Kemps was up in the tree getting ready to do the zipline it got stuck. Toby climbed up the ladder to help him unstuck it and pulled hard on the rope. Apparently Kemp hadn’t let go and the pull cause him to lean forward and he lost his balance. Toby was already thrust back and before he could do anything about it Kemp had fallen out of the tree/off the ladder and straight onto the ground. By the sound of things I knew he was really hurt. I couldn’t believe his sweet face when I saw it. It was covered in blood and I was sure he had broken his nose or lost a tooth. He looked so beat up. He couldn’t stop crying. He just cried and cried and cried. We weren’t sure wether he had a concussion or a broken nose or what. I’m so grateful for our dear friends, and the priesthood that they held because we were all able to gather around as Toby, Ryan, Travis, and Dave all gave Kemp a Priesthood blessing. It was so beautiful and I really felt the spirit and knew that little Kemp would be okay. We called the pediatrician and felt like it would be okay for the group to go down the River while I held the little guy and we could hit the dr on the the way home so that’s what we did. I loved holding that sweet little boy and took good care of him while he rested in my arms. When they all came back we headed home and to the dr. Our pediatricians office decided with an injury like this is would be best to head to the ER so I ended up taking him to Riverton Hospital. They wanted to do both an MRI and a CAT Scan on him. Came back that he had a slight concussion but no broken nose which I was completely shocked about. He also had a small facial fracture but they said that it should heal on it’s own. So all in all we’ll take it. The kids were so worried about him and loved FaceTiming him while we were in the hospital and they also made him the cutest poster when we got home. We should be getting used to these kind of accidents but they still freak me out EVERY SINGLE TIME.





























No comments: