Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"The Happiest Place on Earth!"

As stated earlier I've been wanting to go to Disneyland since the day Elle was born. I always see everyone else's trips to Disneyland on the blog and I'm always so jealous. After I saw one of our friends second go around to the happiest place on earth I thought okay...it's our turn. It's funny that Toby always wanted to wait till Elle was a little older and now that we've taken her and we were able to watch her face we're already planning our next trip:) We were in California for 5 days and we fit everything we could into those 5 days. We went to St. George, went swimming, stayed in a beach house in Laguna Beach (Thanks P and Melissa! We owe you one), went to an Angels game, layed around the beach, went shopping at Venice Beach, Disneyland twice, and California Adventure. The first day at Disneyland it was just our little family...the four of us. But we were a little concerned that Tob and I wouldn't be able to do a whole lot or go on any of the bigger rides so my parents saved the day and flew in to go with us the second day and help out with the kids. It was perfect! They got to see the kids and we got to take off a little bit and enjoy being together. I can't believe all the things they've added to DL! The longest line we stood in was to meet the "Princesses" but i think it was also the one that was the most worth the wait. Elle got to meet Belle and seeing her smile made the whole trip for us. We just loved it. I think my Dad is the reason Tob threw in an Angels game at the last minute. Those two really enjoy baseball so that was awesome to get to go and watch that...the firework show after was the best I'd ever seen. Here I am recalling all the fun and memories that we made...and then it just hit me. I've got about 5 loads of laundry and a whole house of cleaning to catch up on. Ahhh- but it was sure fun.

12 comments:

Jami said...

The picture with Elle and Belle is priceless! I am convinced that you have to go to Disneyland when you kids are little even if they don't remember it. It's truly magical to them at that stage. Just think in a few years they will be totally over the princesses and just want the thrill. Now that is a sad note to end with isn't it???

Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time at Disney. Elle with the Belle is the best! She looks like she's on cloud 9...Angels game looks fun too.....Isn't the laundry the worst part about traveling? Call me when the catch up chores are done!

Meli T said...

You guys should do it again soon so I can catch some pictures of your cute little family. Glad to see you guys had so much fun.

Cameron and Michelle said...

so fun!!! Love the cute pics. Cash is the cutest.

Errin said...

Yay, Elle met Belle! I bet she was the happiest little girl on earth. Looks like fun. Now that your back we need to hang out.

Unknown said...

Josie, I just have to say, you are such a beauty! And your family is just so cute. These pics are fun.

Lenzi Woodbury said...

What a fun vacation! I love it that Elle is a girly girl and loves the Disney Princesses! How adorable. And Cash is getting HUGE! XOXO Lenz

Sonya said...

Looks like a blast! Morgan still asks everyday to go back. I am going to take her soon. She loved it so much!

You are right though, I need to get Morgan back in dance. Are you going to stay at ADA or go to Elite? Call me and we will chat about it!

Leanne said...

what a blast, I LOVE disneyland, Lydia went when she was 2, but oh she would love the princesses now. Man, I keep hearing you guys are in town, and then time goes by so fast and then you guys are gone. Next time maybe you'll be down here during Brig's bday(Oct. 2)

Amberlee said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such a fun time in California! It has to be one of my favorite places ever! Your kids are so adorable- I can't believe how old Cash is getting! We need to catch up- and soon!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Love these pictures! You guys are all so dang cute! I can't wait to have kids and take them to Disneyland! Glad you guys had a great time!

Teren said...

Awesome. Your kids are darling and it looks like you had a great time.