Monday, October 13, 2008

Our Fifth Anniversary

Last Saturday marked five long years for Toby and I! We celebrated by going out to eat at the Melting Pot. Second best meal I've ever had...first being my meal at the Melting Pot last year for our fourth annniversary. Some seriously good food. And thanks again to TJ for the awesome discount. Anyone who knows me knows how hard it is for me to leave my kids overnight. So hard that I've never done it before! But we figured a fifth anniversary warrented such an occasion. Elle isn't the best sleeper and I'm just a worrier but that night we left the kids and stayed at the Anniversary Inn. We had a blast sleeping in and getting breakfast in bed. Then we got all bundled up and headed to the BYU game. We were finally able to meet up with the Jones, Sawyers, and Bruses for a pregame meal. Also very good. It was such a great weekend for Toby and I but by the end I was extremely excited to get home to my two little buddies. They did great and I have to say Cash was pretty excited to see his mother! Maybe next time we'll try for 2 nights....maybe. :) Thanks for five wonderful years of marriage Tob. You really are my best friend. Here's a few pictures of our weekend...and a couple of the kids just for the heck of it.

9 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Have you SERIOUSLY been married 5 years! WOW! Time goes by fast. CONGRATS!! I am very proud of you for leaving the kiddies..and should take some notes from you :) Still haven't been to the melting pot, maybe it is time that I go??

Anonymous said...

5 Years??Time Flies!! Fun to hang out before the game Saturday! Happy Birthday!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Happy anniversary! Wow, 5 yrs! That is great! Congrats! P.s. You look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Birthday?????I meant anniversary....I am a nerd.

Jami said...

How did I miss all that? I would have thought leaving your kids overnight would have required quite a few pep talks. Way to go!!! You guys deserve it!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the 5 year mark, time seriously goes by way to fast. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were at your beautiful wedding. You guys are such a cute couple. Congrats again and Happy Anniversary! Love the pics of the kids they are so adorable!

Amberlee said...

That is so great that you were able to get away! Jealous!! Happy Anniversary!

Errin said...

Congrats on 5 years! I'm glad we were able to meet up before the game. It was a great way to celebrate.

Tara said...

WOW five years congratulations!!