Friday, October 17, 2008

Round Two

Recently Cash had to go through his second round of surgery. What a little trooper he is. Toby and I knew it had to be done but kind of stressed about it for months. He had a hydrocele that just wouldn't shrink on it's own since his first surgery when he was 3 weeks old. I kept taking him in for check ups and this last time I took him in they were suspicious of a second hernia as well so they just scheduled him for surgery that monday. I know hernia's are fairly common but it's still really hard to know your little baby is going under anastesia and being worked on. He was an absolute sweetheart before the surgery smiling away at all the nurses and doctors. The surgery went really well other than it took about 1 1/2 hours longer than they told us so I was obviously getting very concerned. (Thanks Jessica for the phone call!) He looked like such an angel in recovery and in all the pictures I took of him after he was only frowning in one...the one that looks like maybe the saddest picture in all the world. He layed on his back without moving a muscle for 2 plus days which those of you who know Cash know what a miracle that is. But he's doing wonderful and like I said look at all these smiling pictures of him. He's one of a kind. I love you Cash.

18 comments:

Brynnly and Alan said...

Awe! I just love his little smile. He's so sweet and you are such a trooper for going through all that with him. That would break my heart. Glad he's doing well. :)

Cameron and Michelle said...

I am so glad you were able to get it over with. I know you guys have been dreading it and I am glad it went well. I am glad you had a fun anniversary. I can't believe how cold it was! We went swimming today. It will be fun to see you guys soon.

Errin said...

That last picture is so sad. I'm glad everything went well. He is so sweet.

The Bee Family said...

Oh I just had to tell you how happy we are that Cash is doing so well. I bet it is just as hard for you to see him go through all of it as it is for him to have it done! What a tough guy! look at those smiles!

Jami said...

Poor little Cash. He has had a rough go of things hasn't he. His smile melts my heart. It is too sweet.

Tara said...

Oh my goodness I don't know how you did it that is not an easy process to go through. I am so glad he is doing ok now.

Amberlee said...

Oh wow! I am so glad that everything went ok. Those are some pretty sweet pictures- sure melt your heart!

Cameron and Michelle said...

TTTooooooobbbbbbyyyyyyy!!!!!

Cameron and Michelle said...

Hhhhooooowwwwwww

Cameron and Michelle said...

aaaarrrrreeeee

Cameron and Michelle said...

yyyyooooouuuuuuuu???????

Cameron and Michelle said...

sorry, cams a geek!

michelle

Sonya said...

Oh, he is so cute!!! I am sorry about all he is going through. He is a trooper and so are you!

Happy anniversary!

Brianne & Jarod said...

WAY TO BE A CHAMP CASH!! I am so glad to hear that he is doing well!

Janie said...

poor baby cash. He's such a handsome boy.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Cash is doing better. He has gone through so much in his short little life. You have so much strength to see him through all of it. I love that he endures all of these challenges with his adorable smile.

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

He is such a tender heart and I am so glad he is better. Happy anniversary too. I remember when you guys got engaged and I loved your ring!

Stephanie said...

Josie, I am so glad that everything went well, poor little Cash has gone through enough. He is so adorable and I love his smile.