Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The January blues

January is tough! Christmas is over. The weather is no good. Kids are bored but I'm too cold to go out and do too much. So last week we went to the Aquarium and to ride the "choo choo express" at the mall. Unbelievable that the aquarium was NINE bucks a person and the train was THREE bucks a person, including the parent! I opted to walk along side it. I swear they charge this much because they know sucker parents like me are trying to hard to find something to keep their kids from driving each other crazy during the winter. Plus Jamie had to go for a school project so I was trying to be a good sister and help her out. All worth it though, the kids had a great time:)

5 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

I love the aquarium! My mom and I took the kids a few weeks ago. My mom had taken Tate previously, and bought me a year pass, or I don't know how often I'd go with it being $9 a person. Crazy. We went to the children's museum at Gateway too...mega expensive, but totally awesome! We should get together and have a little play date!

Jami said...

I am so with you. We need to plan a post-Christmas party for January so we have something to look forward to. Glad you at least got a little get away to St. George.

The Blanchard Family said...

Your family pics are SO great! You are beautiful! I am with you on the January blues. . .but I can't take my baby out of the house so I am literally going NUTS!

Brynnly and Alan said...

Way to be creative during this month! I HATE this time of year. It's so depressing. Aren't we so ready for Spring?!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Are you kidding me with those family pictures? You guys should seriously considering modeling. You are all georgous! And I could snatch little Cash right up! What a sweetheart. I'm working on updating my blog since it's been like 11 months. Here's to New Year's resolutions!