Sunday, June 13, 2010

LA part 3

So the actual event that we were there for is called the "Cedar Sinai Sports Spectacular." It was my first time attending anything like that and I'm not going to lie...I was a little star struck. Kathy once again came to the rescue and watched the kids so that we could go and enjoy the evening. We mingled with the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Carl Lewis, Buzz Aldrin, Quinton Aaron from the blind side, Carrie Underwood and Snoop Dog. I actually didn't meet those last two...but Carrie sang about 20 feet away from us which was the highlight of my night and Toby and the rest of the family did meet Snoop...I had just run upstairs to rescue Kathy from 4 children under the age of 5 so I missed that but hear it was quite the story. (oh and I used TJ as a decoy to take that picture of the lady standing next to him. That's Buzz Aldrins wife, she has to be like 80+ years old and must have had like fifteen surgeries gone wrong. Never seen anything like her.) Janie and I had more clothes on then most of the girls there combined. Just saying. Pretty amazing event, red carpet, Steak and salmon, amazing gift bags, a once in a lifetime evening for me. Unless of course Todd and Kathy get brave and invite us again:)

1 comment:

jgalke said...

SNOOP DOG!?! Oh I can't stand it. I love him - in a ghetto sort of way. Looks fun.