Monday, June 21, 2010

Utah Valley 1/2 Marathon

I never would have thought that I would have had the time of my life running 13 miles...but I did! What a rush and now I'm hooked on running. I signed up for this marathon a few months ago and the training has been a little tough and time consuming, and I also had some issues right before including major pain with my knees...but other than that...loved every minute of it. We got to the Provo Towne center mall at 4:30 AM and boarded the bus to ride up to the starting point (which felt more like we were driving to the full marathon starting point, freaked me out) and it started to rain. I was so nervous I wasn't going to make it to the end. My goal was just to finish but I surprised myself and ran the whole time and finished in 2 1/2 hrs..not horrible for my first. I think I just started a new tradition. LOVED IT! Full next?

5 comments:

Kunz Clan said...

Way 2 go! I am so proud of you. I have been a runner since high school and still have never ran 13 miles. Good job.

Jami said...

I seriously am so impressed and a little jealous. I'm not sure I have it in me to ever pull that off. Congratulations!!!!

Seth and Sarah said...

You rock! I have so much admiration for people who run that far of their own free will. I think you're a bit crazy, but what an accomplishment!

The Bee Family said...

Wow Congrats! That's tuff stuff- Proud of you! I bet you'd do awsome in a full marathon!

Brianne & Jarod said...

CONGRATS Josie! I am so jealous that everyone is "hooked" on running these days. It just can't happen in Houston!