Monday, January 3, 2011

Mission Accomplished

I have always wanted to make my kids stockings since I grew up with homemade stockings from my Mom so six years and two kids later....ta dah! I was totally inspired by my friend Amberlee who made her kids stockings and I loved potterybarn's and quite honestly they're not near as good as either, but I was pretty happy with the outcome and they have the one quality that I wanted the very most in them. Homemade. (I won't mention that it took two full days to cut out all the felt, design the patterns, sew, and then quilt them.) Thank goodness I have another year to finish mine and Tob's:)

5 comments:

Errin said...

I am loving all your posts! Your stockings and capes are so cute, and I love the Who's in Whoville! So creative!!!!

Laura said...

I cant believe how daring and grown up your kids are! it looks like you all just had the best christmas together! ps....the stockings are darling! good job!

Janie said...

those are DARLING!!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

I'm so proud of your stockings!! I just barely started sewing this year and I think I like it! It's definitely hard to do with Spens around trying to push down on the pedal for me. :) Your kids look like they had an amazing Christmas everywhere they went! AND the Whoville pictures are ADORABLE! I need a daughter. Asap.

Amberlee said...

Jos- I am so proud of you! I only wish that I had seen them in person-- there's just never enough time when we come and visit-- and then you throw the stomach flu in the mix and it's crazy. Really you did a fabulous job-- LOVE THEM!