Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Why it's Christmas Day" 2010

Get Ready for the Longest Christmas Post of this little Blogs life...followed by two or three more Christmas Posts. Major Major Picture overload...but it is Christmas:) Christmas morning at our House!!! Waking up...seeing the cookies, carrots and hot chocolate are gone...rushing downstairs..and Presents! It's magical. Santa came through and got Elle her Rapunzel beauty set she asked for and Cash's Lightning McQueen that changes color in the water. (In fact Santa got him two since his only request for Christmas, if on the market, was only $2.99) He also made them two pretty neat capes if I do say so myself. Christmas at Christensens was wonderful. We had yet another amazing meal and a great time giving and recieving gifts:) I had to take a picture of that To: Dad From: Dad gift. Without fail there's always a couple of those underneath the tree every year. Along with everything else my Dad gave me some beautiful black diamond earrings...my first pair. I Love him. Christmas was truly magical. I don't feel like I even skipped a beat during this month now that I'm a real true "grownup" because my kids make me feel like a kid again. I love Christmas! A couple of weeks ago I was able to go to my parents stake conference where Elder Holland was the speaker. I've never heard a talk more inspiring and memorable than the one he gave at the adult session. He talked about how you can't have a Bethlehem without a Calvary, and I'll never forget the lessons I learned throughout his talk. I am so grateful for our Savior and for the Christmas season and the extra time it gives us to reflect on his life...Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Brynnly and Alan said...

Merry Christmas! Your kids looked like they had such a great time! I love it! :)

The Bee Family said...

How fun! I love seeing all your Christmas pictures of the kids and your family. And that one of Grandma. I miss her and wish I could be there more right now to visit with her. I also love your "who" hair! What a fun fun idea! Your family always has such fun Creative ideas!

Jami said...

Wow! What a fun filled december!! So much fu even with sick kiddos.

Rachel said...

Those capes and stockings are AMAZING!! What an awesome mom you are!