Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hogle Zoo Fieldtrip

My only explanation for why Elle and I didn't get a picture together at her fieldtrip is that I was watching 25 little 6 year olds and was in charge of 5 other children not including my own...and I really hated to lose one of them. Apparently that's frowned upon. It was really wonderful to spend that one on one time with Elle. (IF you can call that one on one:) I loved watching her interact with her classmates. She is a VERY social little girl. The bus ride up was so funny..the song DYNAMITE came on and every child on that bus was singing at the top of their lungs. The line "I'm going to rock this club" sounded a little funny coming out of their little mouths. Already having to plan the next trip back since my little guy Cash wasn't able to come. I told Elle not to talk about it at all in front of him, and tried really hard to sidetrack him while we left. I just didn't want him to feel bad he couldn't go. When we got back to my mom's where Jamie was watching him he said, "Hey Elle, how was your first trip on a school bus to the zoo?" So much for keeping things quiet. Also another funny sidenot..or not funny depending how you look at it. After spending the whole day getting ready for this, riding the bus, walking the zoo, eating lunch as a class, and coming home, as Elle and I are holding hands and walking to our car she says, "Mom can we do something fun today?" Seriously??!!!!! Ah!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jami said...

Still laughing about Elles last comment. Gotta love it!