Friday, May 17, 2013

Tates Double Surgery










Don't ask me what it is about my boys for some reason or another they all seem to have issues with hernias and other boy stuff. I'll go ahead and blame that on the Christensen genes;) Little Taters had two issues that had to be corrected with surgery and his doctors really thought it'd be best if he addressed it before he turned one. So we tried to find the most open weeksend we had and we went for it. It was kind of nice to have Toby doing his work in that hospital that morning so he when he was done he just headed right upstairs to be with me. Honestly I feel like Tate did a lot better than I remember Cash doing with his surgery at 11 months old. It really felt like deja vu. Both smiled away right before the surgery and both looked so much alike in my arms coming out of anesthesia. That was the scary part for me. That and not being able to feed him from midnight on until the surgery. Tate had a little bit of a reaction to some of the medication that they gave him during the surgeries so that caused a little bit of panic...his face went really really red and around his eyes mouth and nose he was white...but it didn't last long and he did really well. When they let me go back to get him he was crying a bit but looked right at me and as I took him he calmed right down and snuggled into my arms. My heart was full. That night he mostly just layed in my arms and didn't move much and of course he slept with us in our bed but after that he really started to just turned into his same old crazy tater-bottoms self again and went on his merry way. So grateful that Toby hold the priesthood and was able to give him a blessing before heading to the hospital and for modern medicine that makes it so my boys can be healthy and strong. My friend Lindsay came by the next day to give him a little book as a get well gift and honestly it made my day watching him look and it and laugh again. The pictures I caught are hilarious. Cutest little 11 month old around in little hospital jammies for SURE!!!




No comments: