Friday, May 24, 2013

Elle's Baptism












It's GREAT to be 8! It was honestly so sureal for me to be planning one of my childrens Baptism. I swear she was just 2!!! It was so fun teaching Elle about the importance of Baptism and about the Holy Ghost and watching her enthusiam for it and the anticipation she had for months leading up to her baptism date. She was so excited and was constantly counting down the days. Jamie took the most amazing pictures of her in her Baptism dress at the Salt Lake Temple which was her choice. I bought her dress over a year before because the second I saw it I KNEW it was the one...it looked just like HER. She looked so beautiful in it and just beamed the whole day. We had a little "bow" fiasco so I had to hurry and put together a clip for her hair right before pictures and I ended up LOVING how it turned out. We were so blessed to have our family and close friends come to support us INCLUDING Tory and Janie who so graciously drove out to be with us and Elle. We sure love having them come visit. We really let Elle help pick the program and she wanted the Grandmas to say the prayers and the Grandpas to speak. Since Todd wasn't feel well enough Josh stepped in and gave a great talk on Baptism and my Dad, Grandpa Greg spoke on the Holy Ghost. Inbetween Elle and Cash sang the most adorable duet of "When I am Baptised." They melted my heart. I honestly couldn't keep back the tears throughout the whole thing. What a testimony builder days like this are. It was one of the most rewarding days I have had of being a mother I can remember. To see you children make such positive choices an be surrounded my people that love you so much...it's incredible and I feel so blessed. We had a wonderful luncheon after with the help of all those same people and that evening we were able to just be with Tory and Janie and their little family. I can't tell you what it does to my heart to see Cash and Ayson play together. I LOVE it so much. It was a wonderful day full of memories I will never forget and I hope Elle won't either. I made a little book for her full of pictures, poems, and notes from all that came to her baptism and left a place for her to write down her thoughts and feelings which she did a day or two later so I hope that helps. Once again...a very special day for a very special little girl.








No comments: