Sunday, May 4, 2014

Disney Aulani part 4







When we were first booking this trip the thought of being there 7 whole days felt like an eternity. How did it go by so quickly?! We woke up on Sunday morning and I couldn't believe that just like that it was almost over. Still a lot we wanted to fit in with the kids so the first thing we did was find a sacrament meeting to go to...the kids thought it was kind of funny to see some of the men in "skirts" and when people got up to bear their testimonies they started with "Aloha" and the congregation responded with "Aloha". From church we headed to the Dole plantation and Elle was thrilled to get to "pick a pearl". Her dad is such a sucker for her. She was so lucky to get a Black Pearl! It was beautiful. We ate chocolate covered bananas and ate pineapple ice-cream and walked around the plantation. From there we drove to North Shore and Waimaie and watched the surfers out in the crazy waves. The last place we took them was to the Leia Temple. What a site that Temple is. It was Stunning! We went to the visitors center and walked around, took pictures, and enjoyed the feeling that was there. What an amazing place that was and I was so grateful the kids got to experience that. After that it was just time to go to the airport. We had some extra time there so we sat down there and ate together and talked about the whole trip. I think we were all really ready to see Tate but just not ready to go back to reality! I know it'll be a long time before we make it back all together. Although I have made Toby promise me that we will return when I am my normal self and not a sick mess.  It really was a dream come true though. I hope these pictures and stories will help my kids have their memories forever.

No comments: