Thursday, May 15, 2014

LA part 1














So crazy that we just got home from Hawaii and the NEXT week we take off to Sunny California! That is definitely not the norm for us but so much fun and I love love traveling so no complaining here. We weren't sure we'd be doing the Cedar Sinai this year with Todd being gone, but they called Kathy and invited the whole family to be there which really meant a lot to her and Teren and all of us really. They even offered to pay our flights out there...yeah!!! Not going to lie driving with Tate didn't sound the funnest, even flying with how busy he is made me nervous but I was also really excited to see his little reaction to an airplane. He didn't disappoint. He was so animated and expressive and excited...but like we thought didn't want to sit very still. He moved back and forth between sitting next to Toby and I. But it was a quick flight so wasn't a big deal. Now the rental car line after the flight...brutal. We were pretty tired by the time we got to the hotel. The next day we were going to go to an amusement park and any of the Christensen's that wanted to come with us could...but last minute decided it was maybe too much work and money so we chose to go to one of my all-time favorite outdoor malls Fashion Island and to the BEACH. It was a bit of a drive but soooo much fun. Fashion Island has the most awesome pet store that the kids could have spent HOURS in. Tate's eyes were huge and loved every second of being there. Such cute little dogs. I'm so picky with food right now but the food court was off the charts. We ate at two or three of the best restaurants and really had a great time walking around together. Then we headed to Newport Beach! I was so excited to see Tate's reaction to the water and sand. The kids had just been in Hawaii so they had just experienced it, but it was so fun to watch Tate play in the most enormous sand box he's ever seen and be so close to the waves and water. That part he didn't like too much. Maybe the water was too cold or just seemed too scary or something but he much preferred digging in the sand. I adored sitting back and watching my little crew play together. I feel so blessed. I love them all so much and love spending quality time together like this. Does my heart so much good. 

No comments: