Thursday, July 31, 2014

WICKED








Ever since Toby and I went to Wicked on Broadway in NY we knew when it came to Salt Lake City we wanted to take the kids. We have playing the CD for a year now and Elle and Cash know every word to every song. Elle wanted to be Elphaba for Halloween last year and for Christmas she got the most darling porcelain doll of Elphaba. Then she got to choose any song to play for her second piano recital and she chose "For Good" from the play.  Through everything we didn't want Elle to know how the play ended so we had kept that a secret from her. We bought the tickets through KSL and were so excited to give it to the kids. They were beyond thrilled and we were all so looking forward to Thursday night. I was determined to go despite my bed rest so I rested well the week before (actually got put on strict bed rest but that's a different story) and we got my parents to babysit the Tater Bottoms and off we went. Toby pulled right up to the front of Capital theater so I didn't have to walk and we took a few pics and went straight to our seats. The show was INCREDIBLE!!! I was nervous I was going to be disappointed in either Elphaba or Glinda but both of them were outstanding and everytime I looked over at the kids their eyes were huge and they were enjoying every second of it. A few times I looked over Toby had tears in his eyes. Its such a touching play and I was so thankful we were able to go. The ending where Elphaba comes out of the trap door to meet Fiero after she melted was my favorite part because Elle had no idea and kept saying "is this for real Dad?!" Best part ever. Toby didn't want the night to end so he took us to Denney's at like 11:00 at night but unfortunately we were all so tired, Cash fell asleep on the bench, and I wasn't feeling well...so it didn't go quite how he planned but it was a good memory. I had the handsomest little date by my side and Toby's date couldn't have been more darling. Love sharing nights like these with my children. (Sorry Taters...You're a little too out of control at the moment. Maybe next time;)

No comments: