Friday, April 17, 2015

Oops..He did it again.











So Toby and I and my parents were all at the Barry Manilow concert that we had had tickets for FOREVER. It's so hard to leave my kids, and I don't feel like we do it very often but we got Jordan to watch our kids and off to the concert we went. We did take Kemp though. It was almost at the end of the concert. Probably 3 or 4 songs left when I looked over and Toby was looking at his phone. He shot a worried look at me and told me to look at my phone. There was a text from Elle saying "Emergency Emergency on the way to the Hospital, Tate's bleeding everywhere." Talk about pure panic. I jumped up told my mom and Dad we had to go and ran out of there. They of course followed and Tob was so nervous since he had had to drive separate from us he asked if he could just hurry a head and he just left. I ran and grabbed the car for my parents, loading kemp and off we went. We called Jordan to find out what had happened and Jordan was very calm, said he was with the Dr., that Tate had split his head open but that he had to go. Man, it hurt so bad to think that Tate was hurting and I wasn't there with him. We drove there pretty darn fast and i ran into Riverton Hospital to be with my baby. I wasn't prepared for what I saw. There truly was blood everywhere and it wasn't his head…it was his forehead. That for some reason hurt my heart even more. He was pretty calm till he saw me..then started sobbing. I held him forever and finally got him asleep. I was super impressed with how quickly they were able to stitch him up, but still not a fun process. So for how it happened- no one even knows! The kids were all upstairs watching a show, and Tate was with them and somehow it happened with the BYU banana chair. There was nothing else that he could have hit his head on. Jordan of course felt terrible, but he didn't need too. He's gotten stitches on both Toby and my watch and no one knows my kids and watches them more than Jordan. It was his turn:) Plus I'm glad it was him and not me. He stayed way more calm. Crazy how good he handled cleaning him up, holding a rag on him, keeping cash and elle somewhat calm and driving them to the hospital. He's a pretty special guy. And now he and Tate share matching scars…and birthdays. Pretty cool. Tate handled the stitches well and got them out a week or so later. Good story to tell later on in life. Fitting that Tate would already be in the ER three times before he's even three for stitches before any of my other kids even get them:)

No comments: