Thursday, September 17, 2015

LA Trip and the Rose Bowl!!










I can't believe we did this! Oh my word there was so much stress that went into this little weekend trip. Our cougs were playing at the rose bowl and my best friends were going, and it would only be for a weekend, and it just sounded so fun. When I booked the trip a couple weeks before it didn't seem like it should be that difficult and then it got closer and I totally panicked. Like tears, sleepless nights, make myself sick kind of panic. I had joel and tessa taking Kemp, and Jordan taking the other kids and it was all worked out but I just started thinking about how hard it is to leave them. I hate it. I was still somewhat nursing Kemp and then to make matters worse he got SICK! Can you imagine if I was in California and they had to take him to the hospital?! I'd die. Toby started calling the airlines to see how much it would be to cancel and the hotel and honestly I decided to back out. But everyone kept telling me to go and that it would be just fine. I was so conflicted. Lots of tears and phone calls later I decided to say my prayers and go…and I'm glad I did because it was such a good time but I don't want to do that again for a long time. It's just too hard to leave them. My kids are everything!!!!! - We were only gone thursday night to sunday morning…Toby didn't want to miss church.  Thursday night toby and I drove to Titos Tacos and then brought it back and hung out in the hotel room. Nice to have a night to ourselves. Friday morning we got up and went out to do some shopping together and they we drove to Knottsberry farm to meet up with our friends. Now that was a blast! I felt like i was 16 again. And in contrast to Disneyland we had the whole place to OURSELVES!! The only problem was because the place was empty we could walk up on any ride and get ride on and there was no time in-between to rest so I got SOOOO sick. Like felt like I was going to throw up kind of sick. I was so nauseous for a big part of the day. The boys all cracked me up playing games and winning all these stuffed animals. That part was hilarious. Then after Knotts it was off to dinner at the Claim Jumper. We had such a good time together. I've been friends with this guys since before I could drive. Love them. Saturday morning we woke up and headed out to Pasadena with a quick stop to Titos Tacos on the way. Had to introduce them to that. I could't believe how far away we had to park at the Rose Bowl like possibly almost a mile and a half. It was so fun though. Tailgating, throwing the football, just laughing. It was a perfect day EXCEPT for the MAJOR negative part which was losing the game at the very end. How depressing is that after everything. Ugh. But we won't focus on that and instead on the good time we had together and the fact that when we got home the next morning all was well and our kids were so happy. Kemp didn't get much sicker and Joel and Tessa took such good care of him and Jordan wined and dined our other kids having campouts, and smores, and even took them to Hogle Zoo and bought them toys. How lucky are we to have the sibling we do that love our kids like we do. Great little trip for Toby and I with some wonderful memories.

No comments: