Sunday, September 13, 2015

I Never Want to Potty Train Again




I can't believe I have to do this one more time. Potty training is THEE worst. And Tate chose thee worst time to decide he was done with diapers. I have been trying for MONTHS to talk him into getting potty trained. I've had the underwear, potty seat, treats, charts everything ready to go. He's scream and cry every time I tried to put him on the toilet and every time I'd ask if he's ready he'd say Oh No Thanks. Then Toby has to go out of town for 4 days and he decides he's completely done and refuses to wear a diaper. It was the hardest 4 days I've had in a LOONNG time. Completely alone without Toby's help and all 4 kids AND having to take Tate to the bathroom every 20 minutes and clean up messes all the time. It was very difficult. Words don't describe. I took the wrong approach the first day and just kept taking him to the toilet. The second day I more or less let him tell me when he needed to go and that worked better. By day 3 he was actually doing pretty well. He's so adorable in his little underwear's and was so proud of himself when he was able to go. On the upside I got to spend a lot of my time focused on him which is always a treat. He's a pretty special little boy. But here's to hoping Kemp is much easier. 


No comments: