Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve 2015












My favorite Day of the year. Always has been and I assume always will be. It's magical, spiritual, beyond exciting…just everything good rolled into one night. We started by heading out to Kathy's where we had a delicious Christmas Eve meal followed by a darling Nativity put on by the kids. Honestly it was adorable. Have you ever seen a cuter Shepherd? I dare you to find one. Kathy gave all the kids one Christmas eve gift which were books that the kids all loved. We then headed out to my Mom's where we had more food and Grandpa gave us a wonderful lesson. I love our Christmas Eve lessons. I love having quiet nights where we learn about Christ and feel the spirit on Christmas Even…it should be the most spiritual night of the year. Afterwards Grandma and Grandpa gave all of the kids their special Christmas tree ornaments, their breakfast boxes, and of course their pajamas!! Its so cute how much the kids love this. I love being at my Mom and Dads house on Christmas Eve. It's just so cozy and brings back so many fond memories. But at the same time I really wanted to do that for my kids. Create the same feelings and memories that I have about my house. So I wanted to get home in enough time to have our own traditions. Which we did. We got to put cookies and carrots out for Santa and his reindeer, spread the reindeers special food out on the lawn (snow), we read stories, had our own little message, and then since Tate is so attached to his little crib and we don't have a finished basement, instead of sleeping under the Christmas tree in the family room…which is where Santa comes, all the kids gathered in Tates room with him and slept together there. We put the snowflake out for Santa to find us and then we all snuggled in there and read the Polar Express! And of course we tracked Santa from the Santa tracker. It really was the perfect evening. The kids couldn't sleep and I had to keep going to check on them to make sure Santa could even come! Toby and I of course watched "It's a Wonderful Life" and had a great Christmas Eve night together.

No comments: