Saturday, June 11, 2016

Utah Valley Half 2016 in the books!








So….this was hard. Like really hard. I hadn't done well in my training at all. In fact, the longest run I had was barely 5 miles. I didn't want to injure my IT band. I just figured if I had to I'd walk it. I'd done this race 3 times before so I knew I would finish…just didn't know when. Well…Not sure what got into my but about half way through I realized i could PR if i kept my pace up. It was NOT EASY. I struggled. I hurt all over. My feet, my legs, my hips, and for the first time running ever the last 2 miles I started to feel quite nauseas. But I DID IT!!! I PR'ed. Got the best time I had ever gotten. Which isn't saying much because I'm a terrible runner but I ran the whole time and did better than I had ever done. I'm grateful I have my best friend to do this with too. Toby makes everything funner.

No comments: