Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tates "Almost" Surgery



About two years ago Tate fell off a little ladder in our garage and hit two of his teeth. It didn't knock them out but the Dr. was still concerned it might have done some damage to them. Two years later and they are both a tiny bit discolored AND they got little abscesses above them that were causing him so pain. The Dentist put him on an antibiotic and told me we were going to need to put him under and remove the two teeth…possibly 4 since you don't really take two of the front teeth without taking the other two so they "match". I was devastated. And really didn't want to do it which is why he we are like 5 months later. But I knew it needed to be done so I finally scheduled it. For some reason I was hesitant about him having it done the whole week leading up to it and especially the night before. I even told Toby i wasn't feeling super great about it. He and a bit of a cough that i had told his dentist about and also the hospital staff when they called to get him registered. But We said our prayers with him, gave him a blessing and the next morning I took him into Primary Children bright and early. He was super nervous even though he had no idea what was going on. He HATED the hospital pjs they put him in. That was actually quite hilarious. - Anyway when it was time for the Anesthesiologist to come in Tate coughed a few times in front of him and I was so grateful he did because right away he said, "you know what I have to be honest I'm not feeling good about doing this." and instantly I agreed and thanked him for being willing to say that even though we were there and had been waiting for hours and everything was ready to go. He had Dr. Johnson our dentist come in and he agreed that we put it off for a later time. I was so grateful. I was so thankful that Heavenly Father and heard my concerns and that these dr.'s were in touch enough to know it wasn't a smart thing to do with his cough. We packed up and headed home and Tate said "mom do I get my Legos now that I was so good during my surgery?" I tried to explain to him that he hadn't had it done but he was CONVINCED that he did and just being there was obviously traumatic enough so I caved and got him a smoothie and we ran to target to get a small package of Legos. I had to explain to him that he had to do it one more time and we dubbed that his "BIG Surgery" and said if he was good during that one he'd get even a bigger pack of Legos. I love this little boy. He's amazing. 

No comments: