Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Tate's Surgery












This time it's official! It happened! Ha! After months and months of talking about it and one failed attempt Tate finally got his sugary on his teeth done. Man I stressed about doing this. First of all it's never fun to send your child off to go under anesthesia. That really is difficult for me and I hated thinking of having to do that. The other is the fact that he would have to have FOUR teeth pulled! That's crazy! All up front too. How do you just get 4 teeth pulled and just have them missing for like the next 3 or 4 years. Anyway, as far as how Tate handled it this time he was much better this round. Since he thought he had it done before by just going to the hospital for a little bit and changing into a gown  he started calling this time his "BIG surgery." And since he somehow still talked his mother into a small box of legos last go around he put two and two together and figured this time he'd score a BIG box of legos. This is one smart kid. He was so brave and so sweet and still looked quite frightened. Handing him off to the anesthesiologist is the worst. He started crying out "mommy! mommy!' and I just had to watch them walk around the corner. So difficult. It was nice though…I ran into an old friend of mine, Jessica Galke, at the front desk area who works there in post op and so she kept tabs on him the whole time and let me know how he was doing. We weren't a 100% positive he was going to need all four teeth pulled but the infection had spread to 2 teeth and they said if the front and side tooth were going to be pulled in their opinion they'd take the other 2 by them too. I agreed but it was hard to do so. I wish Toby could have been there. - He looked so angelic when I went back to look at him in post op. He hadn't woken up yet and his poor little mouth was so swollen. Everyone kept commenting on how handsome he was and how incredible his hair was. haha! He actually had a pretty hard time waking up as in he was so AWNRY. Lots of tears and asking to go home. He didn't want anything to drink and wasn't super nice to the nurses either. That's okay though…hard to blame him as I'm sure he was in a lot of pain. They finally were able to let us go home and I ran him in target quick to get a big box of legos and then he just kept saying I want to show Cashy boy I want to show Cashy boy. So being the responsible mother that I am I went and checked Cash out of school and let the boys put the set together at home. Tate was still pretty out of it for awhile and just wanted to lay in my lap or on the ground. Kemp kept walking over to him, bending down and giving him kisses on his face. So cute. And would you look at the SMILE??! I mean, c'mon. Have you ever seen a more handsome little 4 year old in your whole life. Also I might mention he made a killing with the tooth fairy.

No comments: