Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Trip to the Farm

I can't even begin to tell you how many times Elle has asked me to take her to spend some time at the farm. I can't blame her since it's one of my favorite places to be too. A while back I told my Aunt Ginny this and she told me she'd let me know as soon as they had baby piglets and baby chicks to show her. Then the other day I got the text that they were here so we planned a day since they were off track and we headed up to Ogden. Elle is so in love with animals that this was a dream come true for her. We had such a wonderful time! Uncle Doug took them right to the pig pen and showed them the two new piglets and let them get right on in there with them. It cracked me up. And they took them in the chicken coop and let them gather eggs, then over to the canal to catch tadpoles, and over to the horses to feed them carrots. There is never a dull moment at the farm. Tate and Kemp never stopped playing over in the sandpile and the playhouse and went up and down the slide. They love being outside so much. And then to top it all off Doug and Ginny planned a little lunch for us with hot dogs and fruit and veggies and chips. My moms family sure knows how to make everything special. I just loved growing up at the farm and love that my kids get to the same now. I hope they never have to sell that place because it just means so much to all of us. It was the perfect day and I told Ginny thank you for helping me "make a memory" today.














No comments: