Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter 2017

We had another great Easter this year! It was really fun having a bar b que and Easter Egg hunt out at my parents new place…"the Cottage in the Woods." Their green space is the perfect place to hide eggs for the little kids and they were so cute running around finding their eggs. Kemp really "got it" this year so he was the best to watch. Tate too. He didn't stop long after the last egg was found and so we had to keep throwing more eggs or rather ones that had already been found out there for him to find. I love these ages. Sunday morning we had a great lesson on the Atonement and Easter and then let the kids find their Easter baskets. We tried to cut back a bit this year which I think was good. I love Easter Sunday. The talks in Sacrament meeting were so inspiring and we had a guy in our ward sing one of the best songs I've ever heard sung at church. Had me in tears. After church we headed to Kathys house for a wonderful Easter Dinner and another fun hunt with the kids. Even when you're trying to simplify there is still always just so much to do as an adult around the Holidays. I don't know how my mom has done it all the years, holiday after holiday, birthday after birthday. She made everything so special and I want to do the same for my kids but i'm always just so tired. I try hard…hope I do an okay job if nothing else. Easter is and always has been one of my favorite Holidays. Guess I say that about all of them though:)


























No comments: