Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Toby TURNS 40!!!
















I started plans for this big day months and months in advance. I really wanted it to be special for Toby. I started by collecting a bunch of his tv shirts, ones that he had beens saving since his teens, and sent them off to be made in a t-shirt quilt. I wanted to make sure it was done in plenty of time. I also started working on some t-shirts to be made with his face on it for everyone to wear as we celebrated him. We chose the picture of him from his college football picture with his hair parted down the middle. Then the saying read, "Thanks for being a part of our lives." haha hilarious. What turned into just wanting a few for the family spread into getting enough for both families and all of our close friends. The Stevens helped me come up with the saying and I thought it was perfect! Cracked me up. I planned two different nights. One with our friends where we all went to dinner at Tsunami, followed by Axe throwing, and then a movie night at the Shoffs. It honestly was perfect. Toby knew nothing about the shirts so it was hilarious at Dinner when all at the same time we said "it's hot in here".. and unbuttoned our shirts, or took off our jackets to reveal our matching t shirts. haha. Toby was dying! I thought it was freaking awesome. And Axe throwing was so fun and just a different activity we'd all never done. We had the Stevens, Ashbys, Shoffs, and Tory and Janie with us. It was perfect. And then back to the Shoffs movie room which is one of Toby's very favorite places. The next day was his actual birthday. We h

No comments: