Friday, June 21, 2019

California Hall of Fame



















As soon as we got home from Trek we took a shower, finished packing a few things, and jumped in the car to drive to California! It was a chaotic and a total whirlwind but we made it work and got in a little after midnight. We woke up the next day and met my mom and dad  (who had flown in earlier) and headed to church. It was pretty neat because it was a spanish speaking ward and they let Cash help pass the sacrament. After church we headed home and got ready for the big ceremony that evening. Toby was super nervous because he was accepting the award on Todd's behalf and he was giving the acceptance speech. I knew he'd be amazing but I can only imagine the weight that was on his shoulders. We met up with Kathy and Tory's family and we took lots of pictures, met some famous athletes, ate a delicious meal and then waited till it was Todd's turn (of course he was the last one which I'm sure didn't help Toby's nerves) and then Toby went up and did a phenomenal job. He really is just incredible at public speaking and I can only imagine how proud Todd was smiling down on him. It was a special day for the Christensen family and I was grateful I and my parents got to be a part of it. 

No comments: