Friday, March 6, 2009

Simplify Supper!

simplifysupper.com I LOVE this site! It was either on good things utah or studio five the other day and I got right on to check it out...and loved it. It's such an easy way to plan your meals for the week. It has a lot of easy recipes....four or five ingredients...which is just my style. You go through and pick your favorites and then put them into a calendar on the days you want to make them. Then here's the best part: it automatically creates a shopping list for you with all the ingrediants for the meals. I just think that is so great! Obviously you don't have to stick to eating the meal on that day if something comes up or you change your mind...but at least you'd have the ingredients for later. And dah dah dah dah- heres that recipe that I've been promising my friends I'd post for the last 6 months. My family named it "scadoosh" and I have yet to hear of anyone who's had it that didn't love it: 1/4 C vegatable oil 1/4 C soy sauce 2 T sugar 2 T cidar vinegar 1 T hot chili oil (I get it at macey's) 2 T toasted sesame seeds (This is the mixture that goes on top of pasta) Angel hair pasta Chopped green onions Chopped chicken (I usually do about 2 cups to one box of pasta) Pour dressing on top and ENJOY!

3 comments:

Jami said...

YEAH!!!!! I have been checking your blog daily to see if you have posted it yet. THANKS!!! I'm going to try it SOON!

Brynnly and Alan said...

That recipe sounds amazing!! I can't wait to make it! Thank you for sharing that and the recipe site. I love to cook but feel overwhelmed when there are too many ingredients. I'm excited to check it out. :)

Brynnly and Alan said...

My in laws are coming in town this weekend. I think I'm going to make this for dinner on Sunday. It's pretty easy to make? Can I get the hot chili oil at Harmon's or do they only sell it at Macey's? Thanks again for posting this recipe!