Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Tea for Two" or more! Happy Birthday Elle!

Elle's been planning her 5 year old birthday party since the day after she turned 4. After many discussions and much anticipation we finally settled on a "teaparty" for all the girls in Elle's family. (We missed you Janie and Macey)She planned the entire menu herself which included: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ham and cheese sandwiches cut into the shapes of flowers and hearts, cheese on a toothpick, fruit, water with strawberries, and little cookies and cupcakes. I had to include the picture of Cash at the end of the table because all the boys went downstairs while we had our teaparty but he just couldn't stand to miss out on her party...we couldn't convince him to stay down with the guys. Too funny. He also had a mini meltdown I caught in a picture when Elle got breakfast in bed and he didn't. It's tough being a two year old:) Elle was a little sad she didn't get to celebrate at all with her friends so the next day my girlfriends and I went to Olive Garden...her favorite restaurant...and let the kids have their own table. She had so much fun and even got a sundae on the house from the manager. I've said it once and I'll say it a million times more. I LOVE this little Girl.

4 comments:

Janie said...

k so I'm reading your blog, and your soft sad music is playing and I get to the part where you said you missed me and Macey at the tea party and I...got a little emotional. I think I might have a mini-meltdown like Cash did. It's not fair living so dang far away.

Jami said...

Where did you get those cookies? They are the cutest things I have ever seen! Happy Birthday Elle!!

The Bee Family said...

Hey! Hope Elle had a great Birthday it looks like she did! What a fun party idea :) And I just wanted to say what a sweet tribute to Grandma Doris I didn't know her really well but I do remember her being such a sweet sweet lady! We are so blessed to have the gospel and know we get to see our loved ones again!

Errin said...

What a cute party! It looks like it turned out great. Ahhh...to be a little girl again. How fun!