Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm Crazy About this BOY!

I really am. He is just so freakin adorable. And so kissable. And so snuggly. And he's kind of a mamma's boy...which I love. He used to get kind of fussy whenever I'd hand him off to someone else, but he's growing out of that stage which I guess is a good thing;) At his 4 month appointment he weighed 12.5 lbs and was only in the 5th percentile. He also wasn't sleeping very well (waking up every 2 to 3 hours), but Dr. Johnson informed us it was time to let him cry it out. I was so stressed about it because that's always been a tough thing for me to do and also it meant moving him from his little cradle by us to the next room in his crib. But I was also determined that this would be the thing that kept Toby and I sane and would be such a good thing once we got passed it. That night we geared up for it by getting our ear plugs ready and making a pact with each other that we'd lay him down at 10:00 and not get him out again till around 5:00am. I awoke to him crying and felt oddly rested. I looked at our clock at it was 6:00 am!!! What the??!!! It hasn't been that great every night, but there's only been 1 or 2 nights we've had to let him cry and it hasn't been too bad. He's doing so great. Naps are a different story. We need to work on those and get him on a schedule but it's tough when my schedule with the other kids is NUTS. We do what we can:)He wakes up with these HUGE smiles and gives them to us throughout the whole day. What a blessing he is to us. We already see so much of his little personality and know he fits perfectly into our family. He is one adored little boy.

No comments: