Sunday, October 28, 2012

BYU Homecoming Game

Every Homecoming game Toby is able to get 4 free tickets to the game and we get to go to the Varsity tent and have a fun meal and walk out on the field. This year we invited our close friends the Hodges to come with us and enjoy the party:) We had such a good time! So many of our old friends were there along with former players like Ty Detmer, Robbie Bosco, and Chad Lewis. It was also Tate's first time down on the field (but second time to a BYU game). They chose to do a blackout for the game so we all wore our all black BYU gear and the players wore some sweet black uniforms. *Side story- So Tate was an angel the entire time...didn't even make a peak...but at halftime I decided to take him down to nurse before he got too hungry. As I was getting ready to head down I had the thought to take a diaper. So I'm looking around thinking where do I go to nurse this little guy and decide to just go in a bathroom stall. So there I am nursing him standing up and as I'm hoping to finish up after 15 min or so I hear some noises and am so grateful I brought a diaper. The whole diaper bag at the time just seemed to heavy and complicated go figure. So I sit down and put him into my lap to change him. Unfreakingbelievable. Blowout everywhere. Up his back, on my pants, all over his clothes, no babywipes, nowhere to lay him down, no cell phone. I just sat there for a good 3 minutse trying to decide what to do. I proceeded to take his onesies off, wipe him with toilet paper one handed, tried to clean off my clothes, threw one of his onesies away, put the other one back on, wash my hands, and walk back out into the cold. As I finally reached the top and sat down Jami and Toby were both gone somewhere and Troy was sitting there. I said to him, "do you have any idea what just happenned to me?" He said, "Tate just spit up all over you?" I said "No". He says..."Ya, Tate just spit up all over you." WHAT??!! He NEVER spits up. And there it is. White throw up all over my black shirt. Wow. Just wow. Anyway one of those stories that I always want to remember and just makes you smile. I have to laugh at it or I'll just cry:) And again Tate didn't make a peep the rest of the game. He is SOOOO Worth it!! It was great to be back there with Toby and it brought back so many fun memories. Such a fun time with such GREAT friends!

No comments: