Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Weekend Getaway

I woke up the other day to snow....in the end of April...and I thought to myself "I can't stand this so I'm outta here." I knew Toby had to work so I called up my friend Errin and said let's go to St. George. And that was that. I've never done this before and honestly was pretty nervous and excited at the same time. Kind of liberating...but I've never just taken the kids and gone somewhere like that by myself before. Toby really wanted me to leave Cash so he'd had someone to hang with over the weekend, and take him to his games and Errin left Dawson so it was just Errin, Me, Chloe, Elle and Tate. The ride down was a little rough. For whatever reason Tate decided to cry most of the way which was really unlike him...but made up for it by being an angel the rest of the time. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! Swimming, laying-out, eating-out, smoothies, Swig stops, shopping, more shopping, a little more shopping, talking...IT WAS PERFECT. The kids were great...Elle was a huge help. Don't know what I'd do without her. She's just my best little friend. I rewarded her with matching sunglasses and a little porcupine named prickles. She had Errin and I laughing the entire time. Grateful for my daughter. Grateful for a condo in St. George!!!! And truly grateful for my family and for great friends to be able to do this stuff with.






No comments: