Monday, February 1, 2016

Tate my 3 year old



Man this little boy is a crack-up. He has so much personality in that tiny little body of his. I really need to take the time to write down all the hilarious things he says so I don't forget them. This morning was tough with him. He is so hard to reason with. He has been crying all the time when things don't go his way and it's really wearing on me. This morning he wanted waffles and he wanted them right then. I was trying to get the older kids out the door and I was about to loose it with him. I finally sat him down and very sternly, possibly even meanly if that's a word, said "Tate! We do NOT act like this. You have to learn patience." I continued to talk to him about this and said that if he didn't stop he'd be punished and if he tried his best to work on it he'd be rewarded. Honestly I'm not sure if he understood a word I said. Now fast forward 3 hours. I've got both him and Kemp crawling all over me while I'm trying to work out, spilled juice on the floor, whining whining whining, the house was a mess and I just felt like I was failing in every area possible. I lose it. I just start sobbing. Tate walks up to me and takes my face in his hands and says so sweetly "Mommy. We don't act like this okay?"  Wow. Lesson learned. I love this little 3 year old. 

No comments: