Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016










There's a first time for everything and this year was my first year hosting Thanksgiving at our house! Now that doesn't mean that I cooked most the food or even the turkey for that matter but I did set up the tables and get that kind of stuff ready hahaha. - The night before we all went to Kathy's for wonderful Thanksgiving meal since Teren had to work on Thanksgiving day. I made sweet potato casserole, a ton of rolls, and green bean casserole. It was a really nice evening together. The next morning we woke up, put on the Macey's Thanksgiving Day parade, and started setting up for the big Thanksgiving meal. Everyone in my family came including Joni's family. I wish I would have counted how many people. My mom is a angel AND the hardest worker I know. She really knows how to make everything SO special. The display looked beautiful. It was pretty crazy I'll be honest but everything went off without a hitch and it was the perfect meal. It took quite a while to clean everything up but we really wanted to hurry because we were heading to Logan to do our tradition of spending the night in a hotel. That way we're closer to Preston so we can get there earlier to get our trees! Brilliant. This year we talked Josh and the girls into coming. We got there at a pretty good time, earlier enough that the kids wanted to go swimming. After I got some good Black Friday shopping in:) Then it was to bed so we could get up early and head to PRESTON. After our free breakfast of course. That's one of the best parts. - So I want to remember that this year getting trees was AWESOME! There was just enough snow to make it fun but not enough to make it hard. We went to the place we used to go to when we were kids and it was so much better than in past years. The kids got to ride in the back of the truck or get pulled behind it in a sled just like we used to and it was all just the best. If we could make it like this every year I don't think Toby would mind one little bit:) haha. Anyway it was a great time, one of my favorite days of the whole year, and the lunch after at the church with the Wimmers was fantastic away. So much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. 

No comments: