Thursday, July 6, 2017

Our Date taking Elle to Her First Concert…Train!

Toby has always loved the music group Train. Been one of his all-time favorites. So when they came into town he jumped at the chance to buy to tickets. I enjoy them too so was very excited. But the thought hit me the day before that our daughter loves them and too and had never been to a concert. I talked to Tob and without hesitation he decided to buy her a ticket…which was pretty easy because we just had grass seats at Usana Amphitheater. I was SO excited to tell her! We waited to the day before and than asked if she'd like to go on a little triple date with us. Her entire face lit up! She kept saying "really?! really?!" It was so cute. My mom offered to watch the other kids for us so we dropped them off at their place…which ended up being a whole catastrophic deal with her neighbor when we "parked" in front of his garage for all of 2 minutes while we unloaded the kids…but that's a story for another time. Actually it was hard to enjoy the first hour of our date because of the run in Toby had with Richard…but we kind of made it a joke later and honestly with Trains music and the company of each other we had such a great time. The smile on Elle's song as she sang a long is something I hope not to forget. She was just beaming. We put our arms around each other and sang our hearts out. She's such a delight, a wonderful girl and I'm so grateful she's ours. She's just growing up way too fast! I just love those "one on one" times we get to have with each of our kids. I hope they know how special and loved each of them are to us.











No comments: