Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas Sunday, Visiting Grandma June, Sleeping Under the Christmas Tree, and CHRISTMAS EVE!!!




































Christmas Sunday is always such a special Sunday. Church is only an hour but the talks are beautiful and the music is just incredible. The kids all looked so darling although getting a picture was quite the task and put me in a pretty bad mood. I hate when I get that way. It just seems like it should be so easy to get one decent picture but it's always a bit of a pain. Anyway, that evening we made our way down to Spanish Fork to see and have a nice visit with Grandma June. It was as always a lovely visit. The kids were really good this time but she wanted to put on the Nutcracker ballet video and bless her heart I thought the boys were going to die. Just a bunch of ballerinas dancing around to music and she left it on for quite a while. Kind of funny. We helped her decorate her tree a little and sang some songs with her. Love her so much. That night the kids slept under the Christmas tree and we all fell asleep to the movie. Best tradition ever. Although my kids sleep under the tree together so much I think it's not quite as special to them as it was to me. But i'm glad they still love it and do it officially that night. - The next day was Christmas Eve!!! My goodness I love that day. My favorite of the year. We all woke up with so much excitement. We had a yummy cinnamon roll casserole and then started saving up for our tradition of FONDUING together! Toby and I had gone our grocery shopping together on Saturday and got all the good stuff ready to go. Steak, chicken, shrimp, dipping sauces, carrots, broccoli, bread, apples, pretzels, cheeses, brownies, donut holes, marshmallows, strawberries, raspberries,  blueberries, rice crispy treats, chocolate and I'm sure I'm missing more. It's quite the feast. It's our families favorite thing. We completely stuffed ourselves. - That night we stopped by my parents to do the bells, sing some Christmas songs..mostly the kids, have a little lesson, and get pajamas from Grandpa and Grandma. Then it's off to home for the most anticipated and exciting night of the year. I love watching the kids exchange their gifts with each other...it's the first gifts of Christmas at our house! Glad I got video of all that. They were all such thoughtful gifts for each person. Then it's off to Spreading out reindeer food, setting cookies and milk out, tracking Santa, and falling asleep to the recording of The Polar Express. Then Toby and I watch It's a Wonderful Life to and make sure everything is ready for Santa to come!

No comments: