Monday, December 17, 2018

Joni's Christmas Party, the start of the 12 Days of Christmas, and Christmas Street and the Tree of Life





















So much to write about but it kind of feels funny because I feel like I write about the exact same things year after year. We're such a tradition based family that its like...we did this again for the 37th time in my life. haha. But of course you all know by now how much I love it. We had another great year at Joni's family Christmas party where she spoiled all of our kids yet again. Like really spoiled them. She's the queen of Christmas and I don't know how she does it. We drove to Christmas Street and read all the signs, got hot chocolate, and then went to the tree of life as well.  We had our new tradition of our adult dinner which ended up just Toby and I and Jamie and Jace but it was a special night spent together with amazing food by my mother of course. As we pulled away and I looked at my parents front door as they waved to me my eyes started tearing up. It was such a perfect scene...the snow falling, Olaf blow up on their porch, and my mom and dad waving to us from the screen door. I never want to forget that. - Then another special thing is we started having the 12 day of Christmas brought to our door. Talk about an exciting thing to look forward to all year. We've had books delivered, blankets, all kinds of snacks, stuffed animals, etc etc. The kids have been all excited and have loved seeing what was left our our porch. Just another way that Christmas is so magical at our house. - And then there's the random picture of Kemp. As we were walking through Hobby Lobby he sees this generic picture inside a picture frame for sale and he says "Hey I know that picture it's from Little Einsteins." I wanted to die laughing. He learns so much from that show. It's Starry Starry night and I love that he recognized it and knew it. Just like when he saw the Golden Gate Bridge and knew exactly what it was. Smart kid.

No comments: