Friday, November 15, 2019

San Francisco Day 1



































Leaving on a trip always sound so dang fun but when it comes closer and I'm trying to make arrangements and actually leave I always get so nervous and I start to panic. It's all so stressful. I have a hard time especially seperating from each other and leaving the two little boys behind. I hate putting out whoever is watching them and I hate worrying about them if anything were to ever happen. Scares me to death. BUT that being said once I get on the road I start feeling a lot better. My mom is always so awesome to be willing to take them and I knew this trip meant a lot to Toby and let's be honest I wanted to go so bad too. I love spending this one on one time with my older two kids. And San Francisco is one of my very favorite cities so I was so excited. We drove there and it actually felt like a really really long drive. Probably because we were driving in the dark for a lot of it. But it was so fun when we pulled into the city a little after Midnight! Our hotel location was absolutely incredible. Like 2 blocks from the wharf. We slept in a bit in the morning and then headed out to breakfast at a crepe place below our hotel. Then we walked on toward the wharf and enjoyed pier 39! Loved all the shops and the gorgeous view of Alcatraz, and of course the seals. From there we decided to go get some lunch and of course it had to be clam chowder and sourdough bread. So good and so fresh there. Then we walked up to Ghiradelli Square and had the best ice cream and we got the best seat overlooking the ocean and the Golden Gate Bridge! That view never gets old to me. Then we walked back to our hotel for a quick break and then got our car and headed up to Union Square for some quick shopping. So much to fit in such a short amount of time. On the way there we took a quick detour to Lombard Street. Love that little tourist spot too. We got to Union Square and did a little shopping at the Marshalls there, the Nike Store, and walked around the Plaza with the big Christmas tree and Macy's windows. We were a little pressed for time because we had a BIG NIGHT planned ahead. Elle has been dreaming of going to this play for the longest time so for her early Christmas present Toby and I gave her 2 tickets to HAMILTON!! We couldn't afford it in NYC but they were much cheaper here. So her and I were going to go while Toby and Cash found something else to do but after seeing how disappointed Cash was and knowing how much he loved the music too Toby got online and found some way cheap tickets on the back row and bought 2 more. I was so excited to all go together. We took an uber to the theater and had an incredible time watching the show. Elle didn't stop beaming the whole time and grabbing my arm. It was so cute. I switched seats with Cash half way through so he could see closer up. We probably spoil those 2 too much but I can't help it. I love watching them so happy. It was a full but wonderful wonderful day. 





































No comments: