Saturday, November 16, 2019

San Francisco Day 2 Cash's BIRTHDAY!!!




































Just like Elle's birthday in NYC we woke up the next morning to Cash's birthday in San Fran!  Balloons on the ceiling and gave him a gift to open of new basketball shoes which he of course LOVED. Right under the hotel was a crispy creme so that's where we took Cash for his birthday breakfast. Then we walked back to the wharf because Toby had bought us tickets to take a boat right out to Alcatraz! All the times that we have been to San Fran we had never actually been out to Alcatraz so we were really excited to do that. It was a foggy day but such is this city. The island was amazing and not at all what I pictured! It was absolutely beautiful! Greenery and exotic plants and massive succulents everywhere! We put on headphones and took a tour of the city and learned a lot about the history of the prison. It was fascinating really. Pretty cool pictures as you can see. On the boat ride back we saw some dolphins swimming by the boat too which was pretty cool. - Then we went back to the hotel and got the car and took a drive out to the Golden Gate Bridge. We had to park and get out and walk the bridge a little although it seemed to give Elle a lot of anxiety. I think that bridge is absolutely breathtaking and I don't understand for one second how it was every built. I loved walking it and taking pictures and then we headed out to another place that I have been so excited to visit...Muir Woods. I have never been to the Redwoods so being that close I really didn't want to miss the chance. I hope the kids and Toby loved it as much as I did. The trees were incredible. I totally felt like I was I was in the middle of the movie Return of the Jedi. Massive trees and ferns everywhere...it was gorgeous. We got some great pictures and then headed to Fenton's for some dinner. It was slammed so we decided not to wait and went and found a Panda Express for dinner which made Elle super happy. Then back to the hotel. Crazy all that we seemed to fit in in one day. 

No comments: